The principle of goal-setting, in my opinion, is one of the most important disciplines regarding personal advancement and success. Why is goal-setting so crucial to exceptional accomplishments? Setting goals is so vital to success because it empowers your mind to function at its best. The genius of your mind never comes alive until you give your mind a focus.
The greatest need of the mind is a manager, a director or a leader, who will give it clear direction and positive operating commands. But unfortunately, many people expectantly wait for their mind to lead them, instead of doing the opposite.
- “Unless you step into the plate of management responsibility of your mind, you cannot arrive at the upper brackets of successful living. The difference between great minds and the average minds is simply a definitive sense of control, purpose and direction, concerning their minds.”
One of the most powerful gifts man is endowed with is the ability to take possession of his mind. This is the key that unlocks extra-ordinary accomplishments. Your mind is your success messenger.
Condition your mind to work for you. Use it to create your life experiences. If you do not establish a focus for your mind, it will reluctantly gather junk and becomes susceptible to negative and destructive thoughts and ideas capable of destroying your future. The consequences of not establishing a positive and precise focus for your mind are too costly to ignore.
What do you desire in your life? What would you rather prefer your life to look like? If you could not fail and money was never a problem, what kind of future would you choose to live in? How would you love to be remembered after your departure? What legacy do you want to leave for your unborn generations?
Your imagination is a divine blank cheque; you can cash in whatever you dare to imagine. Whatever your mind can imagine and believe, your mind can achieve. Here are 8 goal-setting action steps to high productivity and success:
- Decide your goals in life. Make sure they cover all the three main aspects of life – relationships, financial and Health goals.
- Make your goals big enough to inspire you to high productivity. Dream as if you could not fail.
- Write them down and put deadlines on them as much as you can. Your subconscious mind becomes more effective with deadlines.
- Decide from the lists of your written goals what your main goal for living is (Your Ultimate goal). Pick out one most important goal of all. This is your ultimate goal. Do not try to accomplish all your goals at once. You will be surprised to know that when you move towards fulfilling your ultimate goal, you will also be moving towards accomplishing all of your other goals.
- Activate your imagination. Begin to see yourself as already accomplishing this ultimate goal. Walk like it. Talk like it. See yourself as already surrounded with every condition, opportunities and people that your ultimate requires to flourish.
- Write down at least 10 daily activities that you can do every day to move you towards achieving this ultimate goal.
- Then go to work. Ensure a day does not pass without doing all of those 10 daily activities. Your daily habits are the magic bridges that link you to your desired future. This is the price of success – consistent daily activities. “Success is earned in advance,” said Napoleon Hill.
- Refuse to give up. One of the most valuable success disciplines is endurance. Persevere through difficulties and adversities. Be patient and tenacious. You cannot build a skyscraper overnight. Every great future is a product of patience and persistence.
P.S: For anxiety panic attacks or other anxiety disorders, you can request for my FREE ebook: The Essential Guide To Anxiety Panic Recovery.